Back to Projects
Proposal for three double storey townhouses in a side-by-side format, on a site located within the Neighbourhood Residential Zone. The street context included a large extent of intact individual dwellings from various eras, but was set in the wider context of multi-unit redevelopments.
The side-by-side design provided an appropriate response to Council’s local policies through the removal of crossovers and introduction of continuous landscaped front gardens, with access from the rear lane.
The contemporary design provided good articulation through considered material selection, varied setbacks and contemporary gabled pitched roofs to the street.
The proposal provided a balanced response to urban consolidation policy, neighbourhood character requirements, and protection of residential amenity.
Capacity: Trí Spatial Planning
- Provided planning policy and design advice for the proposal.
- Prepared supporting planning reports submitted with the application including neighbourhood character and housing policy discussion.
- Provided strategic justification for the proposal to Council, including reference to availability of nearby services and contemporary redevelopments.
- Considered alternative design responses with the Council planner, resulting in a design response acceptable to Council.
- Attended a community consultation with nearby objectors; discussing issues, offering design alterations to address amenity concerns, and rebutting the call for a mock heritage style response.